Cancelling Work Permit

Cancel a Work Permit for a foreign domestic worker

You need to cancel your helper's Work Permit if she no longer works for you or when the Work Permit expires. You also need to return the cancelled Work Permit card.

You need to cancel a Work Permit within 1 week if:

- The helper's employment ends before the Work Permit expires.

- The Work Permit expires.

The employer or appointed employment agent (EA) can cancel it.

Steps to take

- Agree on the last day of work with your helper.

- Buy a travel ticket for your helper to go home. You should ensure that your helper's departure date is within 2 weeks after the last day of work.

- Cancel the Work Permit after the helper's last day of work.
Note: We will continue to charge levy until one day before the Work Permit is cancelled.

- Settle all outstanding employment issues, such as paying of wages.

- You should ensure your helper leaves Singapore as scheduled. The security bond (if applicable) will usually be discharged 1 week after your helper's departure, and other conditions are met.

How to cancel

To cancel a Work Permit:

- Log in to the new FDW service to cancel the work permit

- Print the Special Pass. The Special Pass allows her to legally stay in Singapore before she departs.

- Give the Special Pass to the helper. She must give it to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.

- Return the original Work Permit card within 1 week of cancellation by posting it to Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use WP Online's “card return” function to:

     - Check if we have received the card after you've mailed it.

     - Tell us why you are unable to return the card, e.g. your helper left the country and did not return,
     misplaced card, etc.

From Ministry of Manpower website.
Search By Region

Philippines Embassy

Indonesian Embassy

Thailand Embassy

Myanmar Embassy

China Embassy
Sri Lanka

Sri Lankan Embassy

Indian Embassy

Bangladeshi Embassy